The RUC is currently open and maintaining all necessary precautions and restrictions advised by the ACT Government in step 3.1 of Canberra’s Recovery Plan. We have completed the required COVID Safety Plan and are maintaining maximum capacity limits and cleanliness within the RUC.
We remain dedicated to providing sports fans in Canberra the best possible viewing experience and will work hard to ensure we can offer a safe and comfortable environment at the RUC.
There are current restrictions on Canberrans participating in and attending local sports, and we are implementing the Health initiatives in this area. Bowling is a great non-contact and hygienic way to stay active however, in any team environment, there will be increased proximity and duration of physical contact that can facilitate the transmission of respiratory and gastrointestinal pathogens. We kindly encourage anyone concerned about their health to exercise extra caution when bowling.
How you can help prevent the spread of viruses:
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or feeling unwell, please reconsider your need to visit the RUC. If you have recently been to a classified hotspot, please reconsider your need to visit the RUC.
Maintain a high level of personal hygiene at home and the Club. This means frequent hand washing, avoiding close contact with people. Seek medical review early if you are feeling unwell.
Please remain seated whenever you are not on your way to the bar or the bathroom.
If you plan to use an ATM or TAB terminal, please ask our staff to wipe it clean before and after use.
Bowlers should avoid shaking hands and picking up other player’s bowls.
Do not share meals. Use cutlery when eating in the restaurant (even for chips!).
This is an ongoing situation, and we will regularly update this page with the most up to date information.
As always please follow all advice and instructions from our friendly RUC staff.
COVID safety measures the RUC is putting in place:
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at Club entry, ATMs, poker machines, TAB terminals etc. will be wiped down regularly.
- Posters will be placed around the Club reminding patrons and staff of their obligations around hygiene and notification.
- Tables will be wiped down and sanitised after each sitting.
- Tables will be placed at least 1.5 metres wherever possible.
All staff have been briefed and will always maintain the highest levels of hygiene and cleaning practices by:
- Using hot water and disinfectant to clean all surfaces.
- Cleaning hands each time the bar is entered.
- Washing hands after collecting plates and glasses.
- Washing hands after washing used glassware.
- Wiping down tables and surfaces as often as possible.
- Wiping down toilet door handles.
- Wiping down poker machine buttons as customers arrive.
- Wiping down ATM/CRT/TAB terminals.