Home of Canberra North Bowling Club
In 2014, the RUC and Canberra North Bowling Club merged to become the RUC at Turner. Established in June 1958, Canberra North Bowls Club has been serving the bowling community in Canberra for over sixty years.
Canberra North welcomes members from other bowling clubs and from the community as a whole.
Bowling at the RUC
BBBB Sundays: The best things in life, well, at the RUC start with B – bowling, beer, bar, beats, bubbly!
The bowls are ready to roll, the burgers are delicious, and the beers or bubbles are cold. Gather your mates and head to the RUC for fun-filled Sunday chills all year round.
Barefoot bowls: An Aussie staple, barefoot bowls makes for a perfect afternoon of relaxing and socialising. Rent one green and bring 56 of your closest bowls players or rent the double green for 112 players and enjoy the jukebox sounds from the music on the green. Small groups welcome too.
Twilight bowls: There’s no better way to celebrate the weekend than with a game of bowls as the sun sets. Bring the team after work for some social bowls or meet your friends for a debrief on the week.
Ugg Boot bowls in winter: Don’t let the cold keep you from enjoying a Sunday arvo with your mates during the winter months. Embrace the Canberra chill by chucking on your Uggs and rugging up in your winter warmest to play a few games of bowls.
Barefoot Bowls Rules:
While Barefoot Bowls is perfect for a bit of fun, it does come with a few ground rules so that everyone stays happy.
- Eating and drinking on the greens is not permitted. Keen for a bite or a bevvy? Step off the greens for a minute and go for it!
- Driving of the bowls (bowling with force to knock other bowls out of play) is a big no-no. You can damage the bowls, interfere with other people’s games, or even run over someone’s toes. Be nice, play fair and everyone will have a great time.
- Bowl from both ends of the green. We want to ensure that our greens are kept in tip-top shape, and bowling from both ends means that the grass stays even.
- Bowl from as low to the ground as possible. Lobbing or chucking the bowls is not only bad for the greens, but it also won’t be very accurate!
- Sitting on the edge of the greens is not allowed. There are plenty of chairs and benches surrounding the greens for punters to sit back and relax on.
- Smoking on the premises is not allowed.
The greens are in operation every day except for Mondays which is green preparation and maintenance day. Barefoot bowls cost is $20 per person during peak season (November/December) and $18 per person off-peak (January-October).
If you’d like to bowl during peak season, be sure to contact our Bookings Manager on email@example.com or call 02 6247 7838.