The RUC is the perfect place to meet for a relaxing after work drink or a weekend catch up with your mates. The RUC bar includes 10 beers and one cider and ginger beer on tap, and an extensive wine, bottled draught, and cider list. Open until late, the bar is great for a nightcap or to start off a night out.
Come and grab a beer or a wine and enjoy the Member’s specials while watching live sport on the big screen.
Member’s Drink Specials
Happy Hour, 4-5 pm every day of the week.
Members can enjoy $5 standard draughts (Tooheys Draught, XXXX Gold, Hahn SuperDry, Iron Jack and 5 Seeds Apple Cider. $5 glasses of select wines (Fickle Mistress Pinot Noir, Rothbury Estate Cab Sauv Merlot, Hartog’s Plate Sauv Blanc, Lindeman’s Henry Sons Chardonnay), and $5 basic spirits.
$7.90 Frozen Margaritas
$4 Coopers Pale Ale Happy Hour
Happy Hour schooners every Friday from 4 pm.
$3.90 Basic Spirits, 8-9 pm every night of the week.
Includes Smirnoff, Gordons, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker Red, Bundy and Spiced Rum.
It is an offence to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years. penalties apply.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
Canberra North Bowling and ACT Rugby Union Club promotes a policy of Responsible Service of alcohol. The Club recognises its obligation to not serve patrons to intoxication, not to serve intoxicated patrons and not to serve or supply alcohol to minors (persons under the age of eighteen
The following policies have been adopted to ensure the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- A range of drinks are offered on the Club’s premises. These include a range of non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages.
- The Club seeks to create an environment to discourage drunken, disruptive or violent behaviour.
- The Club does not seek to encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Staff are acquainted with this house policy (employee induction handbook) and trained to implement it.
- Staff involved in the sale and/or supply or alcohol have completed and passed an approved RSA course.
- If a patron appears to be reaching an intoxicated state and continues to order alcoholic beverages, alternatives to alcohol will be offered.
- The Club only supports responsible liquor promotions.
Refusal of Service
Alcohol will not be served to a patron identified as intoxicated. A patron identified as intoxicated will be requested to vacate the premises immediately. If a patron refuses to leave the premises and police are required to attend, the patron risks a $440 on the spot fine.
Staff are required to remain vigilant in order to detect minors seeking to enter the premises
unaccompanied by a responsible adult or attempting to obtain alcohol.
- If a staff member believes a patron ordering or being supplied alcohol is under the age of 18 years, appropriate identification of proof of age (passport, photo proof of age card or drivers licence) will be requested.
- Anyone who appears to be under the age of 25 years may be checked for appropriate identification of proof of age.
- If the patron cannot or refuses to produce identification the patron will be asked to immediately vacate the premises.
- By working together we can create a safe, enjoyable and friendly atmosphere for all