Spring is here and what better way to bring it in than with a spot of tennis in the leafy surrounds of Turner. With the Turner Tennis Club right across the road from the RUC, it’s the perfect combination for a sunny spring day in Canberra. At the RUC we are all about supporting and partnering with the local community, to provide a variety of experiences to our members. If you’re up for a hit, here is all you need to know:
- The Turner Tennis Club is one Canberra’s original tennis clubs and actively promotes all levels of tennis in the community.
- Hire and access: the courts are available from 11am for both day and night play and can be accessed via the RUC. Pop in to see our reception staff who will take a small deposit in return for the court keys.
- Night play: if you’re more of a night owl, switch on the lights for a match after dark.
- Cost: prices exist for Tennis Club members’, non-members and adult and junior players. Court hire is free for members during the day.
- Membership: it really does pay to be a member with discounted hire fees available. As the Club is run by volunteers, membership fees are much needed and go towards maintenance of the courts.
- Post-match munchies: no doubt you’ll need to be fed and watered post-match. Return the keys and finish off with lunch, dinner or an afternoon bite and beverage at the RUC.
So now that spring has sprung, dust of your racquet and gather your tennis friends for a sunny spring hit at the Turner Tennis Club. Game, set, match.
For a full price list and membership fees visit Turner Tennis Club.